Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nursing School Journey!

I have been meaning to write about my nursing school experiences all along the progam... but due to the rediculous demands of school- I don't know how I would have made time, Now looking back I wish I would have. I never knew 4 years ago when I started I would ever see the day of finishing- I am now only a couple weeks away... and can't believe it- It has been a rollercoaster ride of emotions- some good... some not so good! I have laughed and cried A LOT! It has been extremely hard to balance the school life, while being a mommy and wife. At times I felt like I was the most selfish being that ever lived because I had to miss family parties, soccer games, dance and family time all to go to school- I regret a lot of things throughout the program, but now nearing the end- I don't regret going. I enrolled in school when Kenna was 4 months old and she is now 4 1/2. I can't believe I have been going her whole life. I feel so guilty as a mom to have missed so much, for an education- but I now know I have forever to catch up on lost time cause I am never having to go back to school. Tasian was 2 when I started and he is now 6- I can't believe it. I am hoping that once I slow down a bit... Life will slow down so I can enjoy all the moments of life a little longer. I truely believe that my kids were sent to me for a lot of reasons and one of them was for strength. I have told them several times that if they wanted me to stop school... I would have, but never once did they let me- or make me feel like I needed to. I wanted to personally, but not because they asked. They seemed to understand the importance, or maybe they were just so use to me going that they didn't seem to mind... very often. There were several days I left the house with tears in my eyes, but they seemed to have the best support system for them of amazing neighbors who would help watch them, Grandma and pa's, cousins and of course daddy time was always needed. I have so much to be grateful for and so many people I owe a bit of my diploma too! I absolutely love what I am doing, and being able to help others in the medical field. My clinical experiences have been tough, but amazing. I am grateful for all those people I have met that have made it a memorable experience. Now closing the end of the program, I look back and reflect on a lot of struggles... tears, good friends... and family but a great acheivement looking ahead! I am excited to take whatever the future holds-

No comments:

halloween 2